“With only one session of Heather’s thorough and enjoyable guidance, I have: 1) brainstormed ideas for new income streams and marketing schemes; 2) created pitch letters; 3) organized a flowchart for my business plan; 4) structured a “next step” to do list. I recommend her without reservation. Her creative generosity is a beacon for many.” –Songwriter, martial artist, writer and comic
I started my first private practice, Career Counseling for Creatives, back in the year 2000. I have worked with artists, writers, musicians, actors, chefs, film-makers, photographers, and even someone whose whole career was made of designing elaborate shop displays out of styrofoam. I have first-hand experience as a creative person balancing money and art–I’ve been an independent musician since 1991 and have self-published two CDs.
If you are an artist or creative person trying to find the right strategy for balancing your financial needs with your creative soul, I can help you.
Please review FAQ’s prior to purchase, especially regarding rush service, scheduling, cancellation policy, etc.
An initial consultation, of 90 minutes of coaching is usually conducted by phone or Skype.
- In 90 minutes, I can often completely revamp your resume–going through line by line while also talking through your career goals and achievements. I typically do an overhaul, and send you the resume with tracked changes, comments, and “fill in the blanks” for you to add; you can finalize the resume on your own time. For a completely finished/finalized resume, executives or mid-career professionals may need more than one hour.
- I can also focus the time on setting goals, writing a LinkedIn profile, conducting a practice interview (typically via Skype), or helping with self-assessment or salary negotiation.
- In two hours, I can often do the resume overhaul described above, get the resume into a more final version. Often I can also create a cover letter.
- We can also do resume plus LinkedIn profile/tutorial/strategy in 2 hours.
- Strategy/goal-setting plus resume can often be completed in 2 hours.
- In 3 hours, an executive can often get a more finalized resume and LinkedIn profile, and a cover letter and/or practice interview and strategy session.
- If you are considering a more significant career change, looking to transition to federal employment after private or nonprofit sector, so are starting from scratch and no sure what you want to do with your career, you may want to consider this larger package.
- Classic uses for a 30 minute follow up include a cover letter (after I’ve helped with your resume), or a salary negotiation or exit strategy after you’ve gotten a great job offer (which I’ve often helped you land).