Upcoming Speaking Engagements:
- American Public Health Association conference, Session 4088.0: Examining Public Health Workforce Development Practices and Needs, 11/7/17, 10:30 a.m.-12:00 p.m.
and Abstract 377554: New Public Health Workforce: Changing Employment Outcomes of Public Health Graduate Students, 11/7/17.
Selected Past Speaking Engagements:
- United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) Virtual Career Lab Webinar: Preparing a Job Application, 8/15/17
- Center for Reproductive Rights: Resumes & Job Search for Interns, 8/2/17
- UN SDGs “Antimicrobial resistance, a litmus test for multi-sectoral action in the SDG era”, 7/18/17
- I Have a Dream Foundation: Making the Most of Your Internship, 6/2/17
- Graduation Keynote Speaker, New York Public Library Office Readiness Series, Aug. 6, 2016, Dec. 2016, May 5, 2017.
- New York Bio conference: Leveraging University Partnerships For Recruiting, May 11, 2017
- ASPPH Presents: Collecting and Utilizing Graduate Outcome Data (webinar), Oct. 2016
- Invited Panelist, ASPPH Conference, Health Policy & Management Skills Required for MPH graduates, March 2016; Invited Panelist, Employer Outreach Panel, ASPPH Conference, March 2017
- Employment Data of Graduates of Schools and Programs of Public Health, ASPPH Conference, March 2015
- Nonprofit Job Search Webinar: 10 Strategies for Making the Leap from For-Profit to Non-Profit , Idealist.org (1/14/15)
- Advanced LinkedIn for University Career Centers Webinar, Internbridge.com (May 2014)
- Ecole des Hautes Etudes en Sante Publique, Career Days speaker, Rennes, France, July 2014
- Keynote Speaker, American Library Association national conference, Library Leadership & Management Association President’s Program, June 23, 2012.
- Keynote Speaker, Medical Library Association national conference, “Managing and Revitalizing Your Career as a Medical Librarian”, May 19, 2012
- Planning for a Career in Nonprofits, Chronicle of Philanthropy live chat Aug. 2, 2011
- Advanced LinkedIn for College Career Centers webinar for University career centers through InternBridge.com’s Career Services Online Conference, Aug. 9-12, 2011
- Linkedin for Nonprofit Job Search webinar via Nonprofit Professionals Advisory Group
- Seattle Nonprofit Social Media Summit presentation on Twitter for Nonprofits, Tues., July 26, 2011.
- National Association of Colleges & Employers webinar on “Government and Nonprofit Job Search Secrets,” March 9, 2011
- Prolango Career Mixer, Aug. 9, 6-9pm Bellevue, WA
- Workshop for Seattle Society for Human Resources Management nonprofit sub-group on building an excellent internship program, Aug. 10, 2010
- KUOW Radio appearance, The Conversation with Ross Reynolds Tues. Sept. 21, 2010 at 12:40pm PST
- Net Impact National Conference in Ann Arbor, MI, 2020: Vision for a Sustainable Decade, Oct. 30, 2010
- Presenter, “Federal Employment in our Community,” TV Tacoma, June 4, 2009
- “Crafting an Excellent Internship Program,” a workshop for employers, presented at the 2009 Washington State Nonprofit Leadership Conference and for Global Washington
- Making the Most of the Idealist Nonprofit Job Fair, Seattle, WA, Fall 2008
- Dale Carnegie Training–graduated from “Strictly Business” 3-day immersion training, New York City; graduated from Product Endorsement and Training of the Trainer 3-day training; as a tandem trainer, trained a group of 19 students in a modified version of the 12-week course. Received numerous awards for excellent public speaking, including best inspirational speech.
- Internships 101: How to Best Utilize Interns, at Support Center for Nonprofit Management and Baruch College, 2004-2008; trained over 100 organizations on building an excellent internship program
- Panelist, New York Association for Volunteer Administration Conference, 2006
- City University of New York Student Development & Enrollment Management Conferences: topics included Career Counseling for Creative Students; Utilizing Technology in the Career Center; and in April 2008, “Interactive Technologies, Friend or Foe, How Social Networking is Transforming Colleges.”
- Resume Writing and Managing Your Career Success: Volunteer Trainer for Inroads, a nationally-recognized program that helps under-represented minorities launch their careers in business
- Internship Seminar, Career Discovery Workshops, Alumni Job Search Workshop, Career Counseling for Creatives, Interviewing, Resume Writing, “Making the Most of your Final Year,” internship search workshop, choosing a major, searching for federal government jobs, networking/working the room, etc.and many other presentations at Brooklyn College, Baruch College, and University of Washington
- “Making the Most of the Internship Fair,” Baruch College–the most popular video on Baruch College’s Digital Media Library video archive
- Other videos of moderated panels: “Internships: Supervisors Speak,” “Wall Street Interviews,” “Senior Startup“