Are you looking for a job with meaning?
Want to make the world a better place?
I’m a career coach, author, speaker, and “meaningful careers” expert, and I can help you find more meaning in your career. Read more about my background, testimonials, or frequently asked questions about services provided.
Not sure how much coaching time you need? You can email me your resume and job search questions, and I can tell you approximately how much time we may need to spend on your questions. Note: I make every effort possible to respond immediately in cases of salary negotiation and other time-sensitive requests. Please review FAQ’s prior to purchase.
An initial consultation, of 90 minutes of coaching is usually conducted by phone or Skype.
- In 90 minutes, I can often completely revamp your resume–going through line by line while also talking through your career goals and achievements. I typically do an overhaul, and send you the resume with tracked changes, comments, and “fill in the blanks” for you to add; you can finalize the resume on your own time. For a completely finished/finalized resume, executives or mid-career professionals may need more than one hour.
- I can also focus the time on setting goals, writing a LinkedIn profile, conducting a practice interview (typically via Skype), or helping with self-assessment or salary negotiation.
- Sessions are available during weekends and evenings and are conducted by phone or Skype. If you are located in NYC, you can purchase an in-person session for an additional $50. Rush service (48 hour turnaround on resumes, letters, or consultations) is available for an additional $150 fee and is available only as schedule allows–please contact me first before purchasing to ensure availability.
- Please review frequently asked questions here prior to purchase.
- In two hours, I can often do the resume overhaul described above, get the resume into a more final version. Often I can also create a cover letter.
- We can also do resume plus LinkedIn profile/tutorial/strategy in 2 hours.
- Strategy/goal-setting plus resume can often be completed in 2 hours.
- In 3 hours, an executive can often get a more finalized resume and LinkedIn profile, and a cover letter and/or practice interview and strategy session.
- If you are considering a more significant career change, looking to transition to federal employment after private or nonprofit sector, so are starting from scratch and no sure what you want to do with your career, you may want to consider this larger package.
- Classic uses for a 30 minute follow up include a cover letter (after I’ve helped with your resume), or a salary negotiation or exit strategy after you’ve gotten a great job offer (which I’ve often helped you land).
Buy a 15-minute follow-up session for $47.50:
About How I Work:
While working with me measurably increases your chances of finding a job that matters, I am not a placement agency and working with me does not guarantee you a job. I do, however, stand behind my coaching work, and would gladly provide a refund if you are not fully satisfied with the coaching service offered….and I have never had anyone express dissatisfaction, much less ask for a refund, in 17+ years! For further questions, please read our Frequently Asked Questions.
Why work with me? I am:
- A Career Coach with 17+ years’ experience who has helped over 7,000 people get jobs; proven track record of shortening the job search
- Author of Jobs That Matter: Find a Stable, Fulfilling Career in Public Service, one of the top career books on Amazon and mentioned in top news media
- One of the only career coaches in the nation with deep knowledge of federal, state and local government hiring, foreign service, NGOs, nonprofits, corporate social responsibility, financial services, H1B visa sponsorship, and LinkedIn
- Experienced coach for senior executives, college students, PhDs, JDs, accountants, writers, musicians, policy analysts, and everyone in between
- Director of Candidate Services for a nationally known nonprofit executive search firm, currently Assistant Dean at one of the nation’s top public health graduate schools; previously served as Director of Career Services at one of the nation’s top ten Master of Public Administration programs, and helped business school students find internships with the world’s most selective employers.
- Graduated Phi Beta Kappa from the University of Michigan, have a Master of Science in Nonprofit Management from Milano The New School for Management and Urban Policy, a Certificate in Adult Career Planning and Development from NYU, and am a Certified Workforce Development Professional, Certified Diversity Recruiter, and Certified Social Sourcing Recruiter
- Visit my LinkedIn profile to see over 50 recommendations and 300+ endorsements of my work!