Are you looking for a job with meaning?
Want to make the world a better place?
I’m a career coach, author, speaker, and “meaningful careers” expert, and I can help you find more meaning in your career. Read more about my background, testimonials, or frequently asked questions and terms of service about services provided. (By purchasing coaching time with me, you agree to the terms of service.)
Unlike many other career coaches and resume writers, I don’t “up-sell” clients on a large package or expect a long-term coaching commitment. I am extremely efficient, and rather than charging a large fee up front, I do all my work by the hour. In many cases, I can help a client in just 90 minutes of coaching to identify their career goals, any roadblocks and how to overcome them, create a list of next steps, and translate their resume into a much more effective document, resulting in measurable job search success.
Not sure how much coaching time you need? You can email me your resume and job search questions, and I can tell you approximately how much time we may need to spend on your questions. Note: I make every effort possible to respond immediately in cases of salary negotiation and other time-sensitive requests; please view my FAQs regarding rush service.
An initial consultation, of 90 minutes of coaching is usually conducted by phone or Skype.
- In 90 minutes, I can often completely revamp your resume–going through line by line while also talking through your career goals and achievements. I typically do an overhaul, and send you the resume with tracked changes, comments, and “fill in the blanks” for you to add; you can finalize the resume on your own time. For a completely finished/finalized resume, executives or mid-career professionals may need more than one hour.
- I can also focus the time on setting goals, writing a LinkedIn profile, conducting a practice interview (typically via Skype), or helping with self-assessment or salary negotiation.
- Classic uses for a 30 minute follow up include a cover letter (after I’ve helped with your resume), or a salary negotiation or exit strategy after you’ve gotten a great job offer (which I’ve often helped you land).
About How I Work:
While working with me measurably increases your chances of finding a job that matters, I am not a placement agency and working with me does not guarantee you a job. I do, however, stand behind my coaching work, and would gladly provide a refund if you are not fully satisfied with the coaching service offered. For further questions, please read our Frequently Asked Questions.
Why work with me? I am:
- A Career Coach with 21 years’ experience who has helped over 9,000 people get jobs; proven track record of shortening the job search
- Author of Jobs That Matter: Find a Stable, Fulfilling Career in Public Service, one of the top career books on Amazon and mentioned in top news media
- One of the only career coaches in the nation with deep knowledge of federal, state and local government hiring, foreign service, NGOs, nonprofits, corporate social responsibility, financial services, H1B visa sponsorship, and LinkedIn
- Experienced coach for senior executives, college students, PhDs, JDs, accountants, writers, musicians, policy analysts, and everyone in between
- Director of Candidate Services for a nationally known nonprofit executive search firm, previously served as Director of Career Services at one of the nation’s top ten Master of Public Administration programs, and helped business school students find internships with the world’s most selective employers.
- Graduated Phi Beta Kappa from the University of Michigan, have a Master of Science in Nonprofit Management from Milano The New School for Management and Urban Policy, a Certificate in Adult Career Planning and Development from NYU, and am a Certified Workforce Development Professional, Certified Diversity Recruiter, and Certified Social Sourcing Recruiter
- Visit my LinkedIn profile to see over 50 recommendations and 1500+ endorsements of my work!