Peer Reviewed Academic Journal Articles
Note: Follow me on Researchgate if you are interested in employment outcomes of public health graduates and/or public health workforce research.
Krasna H, Fried, L. Generation Public Health: Fixing the Broken Bridge Between Public Health Education and the Governmental Workforce, American Journal of Public Health, Aug. 31, 2021
Krasna H, Czabanowska K, Beck A, Cushman LF, Leider JP. Labour market competition for public health graduates in the United States: A comparison of workforce taxonomies with job postings before and during the COVID-19 pandemic. The International Journal of Health Planning and Management. doi:https://doi.org/10.1002/hpm.3128
Krasna H, Gershuni O, Sherrer K, Czabanowska K, Post-Graduate Employment Outcomes of Undergraduate and Graduate Public Health Students: a Scoping Review, Public Health Reports Published online March 5, 2021:0033354920976565. doi:10.1177/0033354920976565
Plepys C, Krasna H, Leider JP, Burke E, Blakely C, Magaña L, First-destination outcomes for public health graduates: focus on employment, American Journal of Public Health, 2021 Mar;111(3):475-484. doi: 10.2105/AJPH.2020.306038. Epub 2021 Jan 21.
Krasna H, Czabanowska K, Jiang S, Khadka S, Morita H, Kornfeld J and Shaman J, The Future of Careers at the Intersection of Climate Change and Public Health: What Can Job Postings and an Employer Survey Tell Us? Int. J. Environ. Res. Public Health 2020, 17, 1310; doi:10.3390/ijerph17041310
Beck A, Leider JP, Krasna H, Resnick B, Monetary and Nonmonetary Costs and Benefits of a Public Health Master’s Degree in the 21st Century, American Journal of Public Health, May 21, 2020
Krasna H, Letter to the Editor Re: No Room for Complacency: Employment Trends of Recent Public Health Doctoral Graduates and Employment Trends Among Public Health Doctoral Recipients, 2003-2015, American Journal of Public Health
Krasna H, March D, Kornfeld J, Cushman L, Antoniou P, The New Public Health Workforce: Employment Outcomes of Public Health Graduate Students, Journal of Public Health Management and Practice. 00 2019 • Volume 00, Number 00, DOI: 10.1097/PHH.0000000000000976
Other Media Mentions
- Extensively quoted in 101 Careers in Public Health, 2nd Edition, by Beth Seltzer.
- Quoted in the Encore Career Handbook by Marci Alboher.
- Cited in Craigslist: The Company and Its Founder by Susan Freese.
- Peace Corps’ Hotline, Feb. 15, 2011, “Jobs That Matter: Federal Employment for Returned Peace Corps Volunteers”
- Partnership for Public Service‘s August 2010 ENews
- University of Washington Evans School’s site
- Presenter, “Federal Employment in our Community,” TV Tacoma, June 4, 2009
- Baruch College’s Ticker weekly newspaper
- Dollars & Sense, Baruch College’s yearly literary magazine
Other Publications by Heather Krasna
- American Society for Public Administration article
- InternBridge, “Targeting the Right Colleges for Internship Recruiting,” a whitepaper for college recruiters, http://www.internbridge.com/white_papers May 2008
- Jobpostings Magazine, “Top Diversity Internship Programs,” Aug. 2007, and “Handling a Challenging Internship,” Sept. 2007, for an international publication read by over 2 million students every year.
- InternshipRatings.com, “When It’s Not Worth the Coffee–How to know when it’s time to leave an internship“, July 2008
- The Ticker, Baruch College’s Award-winning Student Newspaper: numerous articles as part of weekly “Career Corner” including database logins and job search in the senior year, interview etiquette, managing online applications, the importance of networking, managing job offers and handling rejection, how to handle job fairs, how to handle on-campus presentations, spring 2007