Welcome to Heather Krasna & Associates. Heather Krasna, PhD, MS, EdM is an internationally-recognized expert on “jobs that matter”: meaningful careers in the nonprofit, government, and social impact sectors.
Krasna works with a highly-selective team of experts with extensive backgrounds in career development for fields including international development/relations, academia, philanthropy, federal resume writing, and more, to provide services including career coaching, resume/CV editing/writing, job search strategy, outplacement services, interview coaching, and salary negotiation.
Krasna also provides consultancy services to public health organizations on recruitment strategy, job description writing, recruitment partnerships, and employer branding.
Krasna offers 24 years’ experience and has helped rapidly accelerate the job searches of more than 9,000 people. She have been quoted and featured in the US News & World Report, NYTimes, USA Today, NPR, CareerBuilder, MSN Careers, AOL Jobs, Yahoo!, Idealist.org and more, and have presented to international audiences of 500+ people.
About Heather Krasna, PhD:
- Author of Jobs That Matter: Find a Stable, Fulfilling Career in Public Service, one of the top career books on Amazon; co-author of 101+ Careers in Public Health, 3rd Edition, the only book in print in the United States on public health careers.
- Public health workforce researcher with several publications in peer-reviewed journals and site Primary Investigator of federally-funded public health workforce research.
- One of the only career development experts in the nation with deep knowledge of federal, state and local government hiring, foreign service, public health, NGOs, nonprofits, philanthropy, corporate social responsibility, financial services, academia/universities, H1B visa sponsorship, and LinkedIn. .
- International expert, quoted in over 150 leading sources including NYTimes, USA Today, US News & World Report, NPR, MSN, CareerBuilder, AOL Jobs, Houston Chronicle, Seattle Times and more.
- Currently Associate Dean at one of the nation’s top graduate schools of public health, previously Director of Career Services for a leading nonprofit executive search firm, Talent Acquisition Specialist at a national civil rights nonprofit, and Director of Career Services at one of the nation’s top ten Master of Public Administration programs.
- PhD in public health from Maastricht University–dissertation topic was Public Health Graduates in the United States: Employment Outcomes and Employer Demand. Master of Science in Nonprofit Management from Milano The New School for Management and Urban Policy, Master of Education in Adult Learning and Leadership from Teachers College Columbia University, Certificate in Adult Career Planning and Development from NYU, Myers Briggs Type Indicator (MBTI) Certified Practitioner, Certified Employment Interview Consultant, Certified Workforce Development Professional, Certified Diversity Recruiter, and Certified Social Sourcing Recruiter. Graduated Phi Beta Kappa from the University of Michigan.
- Visit Heather’s LinkedIn profile to see over 50 recommendations and 1,000 endorsements of her work.
r ofit career coach, government career coach, international development career coach, resume writer, nonprofit resume writer, CSR career coach, social impact career coach, federal resume writer